Your current location : Home > Newsroom >Industry News
Newsroom
CEC News
Industry News
 
Industry News

CTG sends medical experts to Pakistan for COVID-19 assistance

 

 

China Three Gorges Corporation (CTG) has sent a medical team of two doctors and four nurses along with medical supplies from Hubei Province to Pakistan to provide medical support for its Chinese and Pakistani staff amid COVID-19 outbreak.

 

Currently workforce related to the Karot Hydropower Project, built by CTG, includes 3,500 Pakistanis and some 500 Chinese citizens. The medical team will be staying at the site of the project for half a year, providing medical services and guidance to the company's local employees as well as staff from other Chinese companies, according to CTG.

 

Zhang Jun, a representative of CTG, said that as the project reaches a crucial point in process while COVID-19 still haunts Pakistan, the arrival of China's experienced medics is of great significance.

 


"We will give our full support to the medical experts and try our best to guarantee the safety of our staff as well as the production of projects in Paksitan," he said.

 

The medical team is led by He Wenke, the deputy chief physician from the Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine of China's Yichang No 1 Hospital.

 

All of the six members have been fighting on the front line against COVID-19 before. "We will spare no effort to provide anti-epidemic medical services and work together with our Pakistani friends to overcome difficulties," He said.

 

Planned on Jhelum River, the Karot Hydropower Project is an under construction run-of-river concrete-core rock-fill gravity dam in Pakistan, with a planned installed capacity of 720 MW. It is one of the important investment projects of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

 

In April, CTG donated medical supplies include 750,000 surgical masks, ventilators and protection gowns to Pakistan, 70 percent of which were donated to National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and the largest state-owned hospital in Islamabad to enhance their capacity to battle against Covid-19, with the remaining 30 percent donated to four communities where CTG's projects are located.

 
Home About Us Newsroom Data & Publications Featured Events & Proprams Power Industry Basics Contact Us
 
CEC in Brief
President鈥檚
Message
Executives
Functions
Structure
Members
CEC News
Industry News
Reports and Publications
Data/Statistics
Standards
Reliability
Events
Programs
Multimedia
Generation
Distribution/Grids
Consumption
Sustainability
Regulator
 
Copyright CEC All Rights Reserved.         No.1 Lane 2, Baiguang Road, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100761 China         E-mail:cecintl@cec.org.cn